Delighted to find out that Genesis IT & Telecommunications have been named as finalists in the Derian House Children’s Hospice corporate challenge awards in the “Commitment to the Cause Award”. Such an amazing charity and honoured to play a small part in fundraising for them.
Derian House provide respite and end-of-life care to more than 400 children and young people across the North West. They do this 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and they are never closed to those that need them.
Every year they provide
- Care for more than 400 children and young people
- 2,200 nights of respite care
- 100 nights of care in our Sunflower Rooms where children can rest before their funeral
- 35 hours of music therapy
- 250 hours of weekly clubs during school holidays
- Day trips for more than 35 young people and their siblings
- 1,500 hours of day care
- 450 hours of pool fun in hydrotherapy and family splash sessions
- 800 hours of family-supervised play visits
- 1,100 Derian at Home visits from our ‘hospice at home’ team
- 190 sessions of bereavement counselling
Despite the nature of their work, Derian House is not a sad place, the corridors are full of joy and laughter as they do everything in their power to make sure the children and their families are able to make precious memories together.
If anybody is interested in fundraising for Derian House, please speak to Stuart at Genesis IT who would be delighted to make the introductions for you.